Hello! I'm going to document my journey of growing my ContentUK community for the next few weeks.
This is part of the Rosie.land community course i'm doing. Task 1 is to build in public, hence this post!
These will be short & sweet just chatting about the progress. Mainly to help clarify my thoughts :)
I'm working on making the ContentUK experience A+++ over the next few months so I’ve joined the course as I ❤️ Rosie Sherry’s approach to community building; community-for-good coexisting alongside business growth.
A bit about ContentUK, firstly. This started in June 2019 in a London pub.
I’d been a UK content marketer for years but rarely met others with my job IRL. I began organising monthly meetups in London to meet content folks and loved it!
I transitioned this into a remote paid community in Sept 2020 as a lockdown project :).
I think my years of experience of working in content (both inhouse, freelance & agency-side) and previously being a community manager, puts me in a unique position to empathise with those working in content, understand the content ecosystem and build a community that genuinely serves them.
Current state of ContentUK
- 50+ members
- Monthly webinars teaching content wisdom
- 18 workshop & Q&A recordings in the Learning Hub
- Monthly ContentUK Chats; small group Zoom discussions about different topics
- Active, close-knit Slack group
- Members Area with templates, resources, discounts
The ContentUK Vision
A friendly space for UK inhouse, freelance, and agency content professionals to flourish
ContentUK, long-term, is the space for UK content professionals to:
- Meet like-minded content humans to collaborate with
- Safely chat about challenges in their role and come up with solutions as a hive mind
- Learn about the top tactics and trends in content
- Share top-notch content opportunities like jobs, resources, speaking opportunities, templates
- Access a knowledge bank - an organised curation of resources & templates to help content folks in their jobs
- Elevate minority groups in content - network, content knowledge & soft skills
- Have fun along the way!
I'm building this organically and prioritising work-life balance (as much as possible!). Slow growth > hustle culture and burnout.
Task this week
Back to basics!
In order to take the ContentUK experience up a notch, firstly I need to listen, listen, listen.
There are SO many things I want to implement. But, as a one person team, I need to make sure I prioritise what will add the most value to members.
I'm going to speak to content folks inside & outside the community:
- Organise 3 chats with current members: get feedback about their ContentUK experience so far
- Organise 3 chats with UK content professionals outside the community: hear about challenges in their role, aspirations, what will help them thrive
Hello if you are reading this and are a UK content professional!
If you fancy having a chat about your current challenges and aspirations, I’d love to have a call :D : https://calendly.com/christina-contentuk/chat
Also feel free to subscribe below for more updates as i go through the community course.